Welcome to Argolida
Argolida is the one of the most popular places on the Peloponnese. Here come a lot of people who are eager to enjoy the priceless archaeological and historical sites and experience the magic of the ancient civilizations of Greece.
The most important sights of Argolida are: Nafplion, Mycenae, Argos and Epidaurus.
– The city of Nafplion, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and picturesque cities in Greece, from neoclassical age, with narrow streets and Venetian aura.
Visit also Palamidi, Akronaplia Burtzi that are considered like “diamonds” of the city of Nafplion. The museums of the city of Nafplion, such as the Archaeological Museum, Folklore Museum, War Museum and the Children’s Museum, you will be able to trace the history of the city and provide a complete picture about the traditions, history and culture of the city.
– Mycenae – an area of amazing archeological site, where you can visit the palace called the “Lion Gate” and the vaulted tombs. We invite you to visit the Mycenaean archaeological museum, which is considered one of the most important museums in Argolis.
– In the city of Argos, there are a huge number of attractions such as Castle “Larissa”, the ancient Agora and the ancient theater. The city is truly luxurious, because it is full of beautiful buildings in neoclassical style, which emphasize the picturesque town.
– The ancient theater of Epidaurus is preserved since ancient times, known for its excellent acoustics. Visit as many ancient theaters as you can. Emotions that you experience you will never forget. We suggest you also visit the magnificent archaeological site of ancient Epidaurus, where you can see an ancient theater Asklepion, church, stadium, gymnasium and other spectacular sites.
Beaches of Argolida: At a small distance from Nafplion there are many beaches amongst which is Arvanitia Beach with the turquoise waters , about 2 km from the city centre, while Karathona beach -awarded with the Blue Flag- is about 5 km away from the city. Around the town of Nafplion are also the beaches of “Nea Kios”, as well as “Kiveri” and “Myli”. The pebbly beaches of Nea Epidaurοs and Epidaurοs are the ideal place for a swim after visiting the archaeological sites. The sandy beaches of Ermioni and Porto Cheli are very popular and frequented by holiday-makers staying at the seaside resorts. Saladi Beach is lovely, as are the beaches in Tolo Bay: Iria, Drepano and.Vivari.
Proposal: Beach Tolo
How to get to Argolida:
the easiest way to get to Argolida is by car or bus.
– Buses depart from Athens to Nafplion every day and every hour.
– If you decide to travel by car, you can follow the ring road Corinth. Follow the signs in Tripoli, and then in Nafplion and Argos.
Nafplio is situated in 149 km from Athens and 37 km from Argos