The famous statue of the island is the “Venus de Milo”.
The Island Milos, with its lustrous beauty of Aphrodite, with the mysterious charm that exudes natural beauty and monuments are all over the island, has gained global fame and an ideal destination for everyone!
– If you want relaxation you will definitely find a beach just for you!
– If you get an artist paint brushes, paints and canvases to paint the amazing landscapes!
– Get more memory on the camera because the lens will zoom in continuously capturing hundreds of postcards & screen savers!
Visit and enjoy the charm!
Milos is located in the southwestern island of the Cyclades. It boasts its shape resembling a horseshoe, and its port, Adamas, considered one of the largest and safest natural harbors in the Mediterranean Sea.
Attractions in Plaka,in the capital of Milos, where you will see.
– The archaeological museum. Here you can see a copy of the Venus de Milo and the original kept in the Louvre in Paris.
The Venus de Milo is an amazing work of Hellenistic art, with a height of 2.02 combining harmony of beauty and femininity. Dated around the 1st century BC and worked by Agisandrou.
It is a trademark of Milos and identifier for tourism.
– The Folk Museum,
– The church dedicated to Virgin Mary and the wonderful view over the island.
– The Venetian castle.
– In Klima, in archaeological region (you can find the statue of Venus)
– The Sarakiniko the volcanic moonscape.
– The Christian catacombs
– In Adamas Port Milos there is the Mining Museum
Beaches: There are over 70 beaches and coves in Milos. The Antiperatos and Khelastros considered the best of them. We suggest the sandy beach Tsigrado, beach Sarakiniko with many caves and finally the Buddha that has SPA.
Nightlife and entertainment: There are few, quiet bar on the island, there are Psathi and Country. Most bars and clubs located in Adamas and Plaka.
– The roads in Milos are good enough, and there are a lot of local buses and cars and motorcycles for rent.
You have to buy one copy of the statue of Aphrodite!
How to get to Milos
Milos has its own airport and there are daily flights between Athens and Milos. The trip takes about 30 minutes. The airport is 4.5 km from Adamas.
Milos Airport +30 22870 22090, 22381
The ferry link Milos to Piraeus works every day. The trip by ferry boat to the island online with the main port of Athens, takes about 5 hours. During the summer months there are routes that link from Milos to Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros and Santorini. There is also a link with Crete (Agios Nikolaos and Sitia), Kasos, Karpathos and Rhodes.
Port of Piraeus +30 210 4226000
Milos Port Authority +30 22870 22100
|Airport||Milos has its own airport and there are daily flights between Athens and Milos. The trip takes about 30 minutes.|
|Port||The ferry link Milos to Piraeus works every day.|