Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
Peacefully yet centrally situated in the heart of the beautiful island Lesvos, we are your calm and comfortable oasis in Skala Kallonis. We are the ideal accommodation whether you seek the relaxing life and good climate of Greece, or want a pleasant base for exploring the nature, history and culture on this varied island. The name “Pasiphae” originates from the Hellenic words “pas”: everywhere, and “phanes”: the visible. In Greek mythology Pasiphae was the wife of Cretan king Minor, mother of the Minotaur and sister of Lesvos’ first king; Makara. But she was also the beautiful daughter of Helios, the Sun. What better location for a hotel named after the daughter of the sun than Skala Kallonis, Lesvos: One of the sunniest places in Greece?
The 3*** star family-owned hotel Pasiphae has totally 60 comfortable rooms (7 single rooms, 53 double rooms) surrounding the green gardens and spacious swimming pool, but it is more than anything our friendly staff that makes guests return year after year. The rooms have names from mythology and history, and symbolic triangles and squares are used in decorations as well as shapes.
Hotel Pasiphae is open from April out October, and has facilities and services for accommodating individuals as well as groups.
– All rooms have a private bathroom with shower or bathtub, equipped with good quality shampoo and soap.
– The individually controlled air-condition is also usable for heating, you have a telephone for your outgoing or incoming calls, a refrigerator, and TV on request (Greek channels).
– Our skilled and friendly maids clean the rooms thoroughly each day and change your linens and towels 3 times per week.
– From your balcony or terrace, which has chairs and table, you have a view of our fertile gardens, swimming pool or Skala Kallonis area.
– An extra bed or baby cot can be entered to the rooms, and we have two sets of adjoining double rooms connected with a middle door.
– Swimming pool,
– Pool & Snack bar,
– Poolside restaurant
– Indoor hotel bar,
– Safety deposits,
– 24 hour Reception,
– Internet access,
– TV-lounge with satellite connection,
– Children’s playground,
– Used book library,
– Meeting areas,
– Postcards, Stamps, Maps and Guides for sale
– The 10 x 30 m fresh water swimming pool invites to refreshing activity, sunbathing and relaxation.
Sun beds, umbrellas and tables are free of charge, and you can order refreshments, drinks and hot or cold snacks from our snack & pool bar all day.
– There is a children’s playground in the garden, sun-shaded areas ideal for a game of backgammon, the evening gathering or just to lean back and enjoy the day, atmosphere and soft Aegean nights.
– The breakfast buffet has both Greek and continental selection, and is open from 7.30 to 9.30.
– For dinner the best of local and traditional food is served between 19.30 – 21.30, either in our comfortable indoor dining area or by the softly lighted poolside in the summer.
– In the hotel bar their bartender serves your favourite drink, and in the summer our pool bar is open all day. Choose between coffees, soft drinks, long drinks, beer, whiskey and cocktails, or try our good selection of ouzo from Lesvos and Greek wines.
Events: The hotel can organize celebrations for up to 300 persons, either indoor or out by the pool.
Group travel: Hotel Pasiphae accommodated and organised stays for smaller and larger groups, have areas suitable for seminars, events and conferences, and we will be pleased to suggest and help you arrange a custom-made stay focusing on your special interest or theme, the genuine of the island, local events, history or culture. We can order your transfer and transportation, provide information and make the necessary arrangements in the hotel and for your excursions and experiences on Lesvos. The hotel can organise a Greek Night for your group; a festive and memorable event with a rich buffet of local specialties, salads and a barbeque, with live Greek and Lesvos folk music into the night. For your group to participate and enjoy it as the locals do, we can arrange inspiring dancing courses in the hotel prior to the Greek Night.
Staying in Pasiphae hotel you are only a short walk from the sandy beaches, taverns and shops in the fishing village Skala Kallonis, and have all Lesvos’ regions and sights within easy reach.
Also you have to discover “Walks & Bike rides”, “Bird watching & Wild life”, all “the tastes of Lesvos” and especially the “Ouzo & Olives”.
We invite you to enjoy the present on a background of the past, and to be included in the stress-less rhythm of Pasiphae hotel and local area. We wish you a memorable stay, and hope when you must leave we say farewell not to a tourist, but to an always welcome guest and friend!
300 m to the beach,
400 m to Skala Kallonis village,
4 km to Kalloni town
48 km to Mytilene airport,
42 km to Mytilene harbour and city
- Air Condition
The island of the poetess of ancient times, Sappho, the “workshop” of the folk painter Theophilos, the muse of the Nobel-prize winner, poet Odysseas Elytis, the miraculous monasteries, which are visited by worshippers from all over the world, Lesvos dominates in the Eastern Aegean. The island Lesvos with a history starting in 3000 B.C.,enchants with its architectural dissimilarity!
However, the place where time stops is the Petrified Forest, which is 20 million years old!
It will takes about one week to travel around the island Lesvos, you will have unforgettable moments in your life.
Drink ouzo (Greek vodka) and amaze all the places on this beautiful island!
You should think about your trip on Lesvos… many kilometres of beaches and sea settlements, historical places, monuments are waiting for you to discover them!
Are you ready to do it this summer?
More about Lesvos
The island Lesvos is located in the north-eastern part of Aegean Sea between the islands Limnos, Chios and very close to the coast of Turkey and is the third largest Greek island after Crete and Evia.
The rich history of this island (according to Greek mythology), starting from the first ruler of the island Makara, who gave the name of his groom Lesvo to this island.During Makara reign five towns were built: Mytilene, Issa, Antissa, Mithymna and Arisvi, which took their names from his five daughters.
Mytilene is the capital of Lesvos and the main harbour. It remains one of the oldest cities in Greece since the 10th century BC. It is built on the south-eastern coast of the island, with a view of Asia Minor. The commercial activity and tourist development co-exist in perfect harmony with the finesse of the neo-classical buildings and the unique monuments. Mytilene has developed as a destination for congresses, having at least 6 congress centers. Also, it is suitable for short trips by ship, from the port of Mytilene to the coast of Turkey or to the islands Chios and Lemnos. Also Mytilene being a city with a tradition for gluttony offers a variety of fish titbits at the fishing-ports and taverns.
The Kastro (Castle) in the north side of the city, the Archaeological Museum near the port, the Ecclesiastical Byzantine Museum, the Folklore Art Museum, the Ancient Theatre, The Museum of Modern Art Teriant & The Cultural Museum Theofilos.
The important towns of the island are: Agiasos with its architecture, traditional arts and crafts (pottery – wood carving) and the Proskinima Of Panaghias, the other one is Molyvos or Mithymna – the most attractive tourist resort of the island, Petra with its characteristic stone and rock and the church of Virgin Mary, Mantamados – famous for the Monastery of the Archangel, Plomari with high tourist traffic recorded as the home of ouzo and soap, Thermi – with the Monastery of St Raphael’s, the traditional settlement Polichnitos with thermal baths, Skala Kallonis is a major tourist resort with modern hotels that are famous for the “Kallonisardines”, Aghia Paraskevi is the neoclassical beauty town is known for its ”Festival of the Bull”, Eresos is the birthplace of the poetess Sappho, once a Mecca for International lesbians is also a popular family destination, Sigri with the magic “Petrified Forest”, the magnificent town Gera the toam of poet Odysseas Elytis and the traditional village Sykamnia inspired by the Greek poet Stratis Myrivilis.
Beaches: If you’re a summer person, you’ll find all sorts of activities.
The most developed beaches on the island – Tsamakia Beach in Mytilene, Molyvos, Petra, Anaxos, Sigri, Skala Eresos, Skala Kalloni, Vatera, and Agios Isidoros – await you with exciting water sports. But if you’re an incurable romantic, you can spend endless hours lounging on the beaches or relaxing in tranquil coves and picturesque seaside hamlets. Try Haramida, Agios Ermogenis, Kanoni, Petalidi, Skala Mystegni, Skala Baltziki (Nees Kydonies), Pedi, Tsonia, Kayia, Eftalou, Faneromeni, Nyfida, Melinta, Tarti, or Evreaiki. If you’re the solitary sort, or demanding and restless, you’ll readily find the peace and quiet you long for in the island’s otherworldly landscapes or secluded, virgin beaches just a few kilometres off road. Ftelia, Ligonari, Tsilia, Mersinia, Drota, Agios Fokas, Achladeri, Apothika, Podaras, Chrousos, Tsichlionta, Ancient Antissa, Tsamour Limani, Mikri and Megali Tsichranta, Yeni Limani, Palios, and Agios Stefanos are for you.
Sailors and boaters will find unique conditions on the island. Its many virgin beaches, small leeward harbours, and enchanting secluded spots make Lesvos an unforgettable experience.
And if you’re a jeep-safari or motocross fanatic, Lesvos is sure to lure you with its infinite exciting routes and many kilometres of fantastic dirt roads.
Put on your bathing suit, sunglasses, hat, flip-flops or walking shoes and give yourself over to a marvellous whirlwind of carefree summertime joy. Don’t worry. The only risk is addiction to the island’s enchanting beauty!
Thermal Bath Springs: If you want to live a truly unique experience that will travel you to the eastern times in the history of the island, do not leave without visiting any of the spas.
– Hot Springs Polichnitos: Atmospheric and well kept.
– Loutroupoli Thermis: perfect for treating rheumatism
– The Thermal Springs of Eftalou and Thermal of Bay in Geras.
What else to see in Lesvos
– The “Petried Forest at Sigri”, is a real experience, a presentable monument of nature, over 20 million years old! The forest consists of giant sequoias that were covered with lava, were petrified and then, due to earthquake activity came out to the surface again. At Sigri, there is the Museum of Natural History.
– The wet-land at Kalloni with the rare migrating birds
– The Museum of Lesvos Olive Oil Industry at Aghia Paraskevi
– Plomari: The Museum of Ouzo Barbagianni and the “tarsanades”, at Plomari is one of the best and older shipyards of the Aegean Sea.
– Holy Monastery of Saint Raphael in Thermi, where you can see the relics of St. Raphael, who was martyred with horrible death by Turks,
– Church of the Archangels Mantamado, where the miraculous picture of the Archangel was made from clay and blood.
– Limonos Monastery in Kalloni, is one of the most important monasteries of Greece known for the precious religious exhibitions. Because of its historic significance is characterized as a miniature of Mount Athos.
– Byzantine Monastery of Ipsilou before Sigri was built on top of a mountain with interesting sacristy, library manuscripts and ecclesiastical museum.
– Panaghia of Agiasou is the Church of the Assumption of Mary is known for the miraculous image of Panaghia by Brefokratousas.
– The Church of the Virgin Mary, which is situated in Petra, is built on top of a cliff 40 meters and attracts many pilgrims every mid-August.
– The byzantine church of Agios Therapondas in Mytilene, built in the 18th century. It’s one of the biggest Christian temples on the island.
– The basilica of Agioi Theodori in Mytilene, built with material taken from ancient temples.
Hospitality – Leisure
Lesvos combines the tranquillity and enjoyable recreation. Here you will find well-appointed hotels, each class apartments and villas with luxurious offerings, seaside restaurants, traditional bakeries and nightclubs with modern and traditional music.
Food – Fun
The Island Lesvos is characterized by many “land of abundance” and produce comprehensive proposals of the Mediterranean diet, with many of its products are exported abroad starring with Plomari ouzo. So do not leave the island without tasting local olive oil, cheese (the famous oil cheese and feta of Mytilene, the cheese of Eresos), wine, honey and salted sardines (the Greek sushi).
* The snack of choice with ouzo is Sardeles Pastes. These are the sardines that have been caught that morning, salted on the boat and served that night. To eat them the skin is removed and they are seasoned with oil, lemon or whatever your host prefers to season them with (though some eat them totally unseasoned.) The best sardines come from the large bay of Kalloni where the main sardine fleet is based in Skala. “Οuzo and sardeles pastes” certainly compliment each other and there is no better “meze” when they are in season!
– You can buy souvenirs from the island except the Ouzo they are ceramics, wood carvings and paintings.
How to get to Lesvos:
The shortest way to reach the island of Lesvos is by air. The airport is located only 5km from the centre of Mytilene, that is the capital of the island and has daily flights from Athens, Thessaloniki and direct flights to several destinations abroad. More information
The port of Mytilene is connected with the port of Piraeus, Thessaloniki, Kavala, Limnos & Turkey. In summer there are more routes with direct connections to the other islands of Aegean Sea.
См TV Show: Эрессос В Лесбос острова[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8BIjk-pdPZ4[/embed]