Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Hairdryer, Heating, Ironing board
Room facilities:Air Condition, Gym
Hotel New Aegli, 4 star rating, is situated in Askeli, in front of the most beautiful and organised beach of the island, just 1,3 km away from the main port of Poros. Hotel offers panoramic sea-view accommodation. Aegli Hotel guests may enjoy the sea view, whether by the outdoor swimming pool, or in the privacy of their room balcony. Here the guest can enjoy the high quality services, the blue waters and the magic sea views. New Aegli’s personnel are wishing you very relaxing holidays!
This modern hotel unit depends of 80 fully equipped rooms.
Types of rooms available in the hotel: Single /Double / Triple/ Family Rooms and Standard/Superior or Executive Rooms
All rooms have:
Balcony, Satellite TV, Central heating, bath or shower (upon guest’s choice), Bath amenities, Fridge with refrigerator, Automatic phones lines, Air-conditioning, Hair-dresser, Safety boxes, safety sound-proof doors etc Baby cots for your babies with no extra charge.
Executive Rooms’ extras
DVD and coffee facilities, Satellite Flat TV with DVD player, Big-bath Jacuzzi & ultra-relaxing COCOMAT mattresses
– Secretary work, fax, copies etc.
– Alarm wake up call
– Games, cards etc.
– Central safety boxes
– Rent cars, bikes, motorbikes
– Provision of maps of Poros
– Laundry and ironing service
– Guest transfers to and from the airport.
– Video projectors to watch the big events
– We accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa και American Express.
– Depending on the number of participants Greek nights are organised with professional dancers and live music.
– Reservations for daily excursions
– Outdoor swimming pool
– Pool bar,
– Terraces with sea views.
– Yoga Breaks
– Table tennis
– Galaxy Bar
– Lounge with piano, satellite TV and video.
– Beach cafeteria
– Gym with gym facilities, massage, sauna only 3 minutes away from the hotel.
– Tavern-Restaurant with very reasonable prices, in a terrace with nice sea views. All food cooked here is fresh and all is made by the locally famous cook
– Conference Room for 100 people, with all the necessary audiovisual equipment, wireless internet access, video- projectors etc.
– Weddings and events Hall
– Private parking area free of charge for a big number of cars
– Room for clothe ironing
– Wireless internet access all over the hotel
– Internet corner with free internet access
– Kid’s corner
– Pier for small boats
– Water sports
– Beach volley
-We provide a full guide for all trekking fans and choose among routes for persons of all ages.
Guests can find restaurants, cafes and a gym at 100 m from the hotel.
The nearby beach Askeli offers water sports and a beach-bar, while the bus for Poros Port stops at the hotel’s entrance.
This hotel makes for the perfect base for experiencing this wonderful region.
You can come from Athens airport straight away by car if you rent one or by our mini bus or by taxi. Duration is 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Transfers can provided for nearby places also such as Nafplion, the Ancient
Theatre of Epidaurus, the islands of Hydra and Spetses and Porto Cheli
- Air Condition
[:en]Poros Island[:ru]Oстров Порос
Go swimming in the Love Bay and go walking to the Russian Monument!
The town of Poros Island is built in the shape of an amphitheatre over two hills. Lush pine trees vegetation, crystal clear beaches, a lively waterfront adorned with shops, cosy cafes and restaurants, a picturesque capital (it has been declared protected settlement) with grand traditional mansions and picturesque cobbled streets, as well as a wide selection of entertainment venues are the ingredients of this quiet, yet cosmopolitan, destination that attracts visitors from all age groups.
– Archaeological and Folklore Museums.
– The Temple of Poseidon
– The Zoodohos Pigi Monastery –the most impressive ecclesiastical monument on the island
– The Russian naval base and the Residence of Governor Capodistrias.
– Follow a route through the narrow streets of the town that will lead you up to a hill, where the trademark of the island stands: the historic Clock tower, where you can relax and enjoy a panoramic view of the whole town.
– Take the opportunity to stroll around the Lemon Forest, a verdant hill with more than 30,000 lemon and orange trees, located on the opposite situated coast of the Peloponnese, southeast of the town of Galatas.
Poros is also famous for its beautiful beaches, stretching uninterrupted along the island’s coastline.
Swim in the crystal clear waters of the long and sandy beach of Askelii – the hotels and bars situated here make it an interesting tourism resort with buzzing nightlife. Meyalo Neorio is a sandy beach where the pine trees sweep right down to the water’s edge.
Bask in the turquoise blue waters of the “Love Bay”, a beach surrounded by verdant pine trees that literally dip their needles into the sea. Enjoy a unique natural shade!
Russian Naval Base
With the Treaty of Kuchuk Kainarji, Russia secured free shipping for its navy, war and merchant alike, throughout the waters of the Ottoman Empire. As Russian naval activity grew, need arose for a supply station, and land was acquired at the edge of Poros town. Extensive materiel, coal, and food storage facilities were built, as well as a hardtack baking factory. After Greek independence, Governor Capodistrias requisitioned the facilities for use of the Greek war navy, and offered the Russians an alternative location in a nearby cove. The new facilities were far larger, and were used by Russian ships throughout the 19th century. The number of Russian residents of Poros increased and even a Russian school was established. Then as Russian naval activity declined, so did the base and by the early 1900s only a single Russian watchman was left guarding it. It was then granted to the Greek Navy by the Czar but was never put to actual use, and the abandoned buildings were left to decay. The ruins, in elaborately carved stone, were listed as protected architectural monuments in 1989.
How to get to Poros
– From Piraeus port by ferry or hydrofoil
– By car to Galatas (Peloponnese) and then by ferry boat, which operates regularly – the route lasts only 15 minutes. The taxi boats connect Poros to Galatas every 10 minutes.
– By boats from Methana, Hydra, Spetses, Aegina and Agkistri.
Culture and history info