Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
Enjoy unforgettable holidays any time of the year with all the comforts of home at our upgraded and modernised hotel complex Heliotrope in Lesvos. Suitable for families and businessmen, Heliotrope Hotels are located at Varia, the magic and quiet suburb of the municipality of Mytilene.
Heliotrope Hotels complex consists of two units.
Heliotrope Boutique Hotel has 28 rooms and belongs to the A’ category (4 star).
Heliotrope Resort Hotel has 35 rooms and belongs to the B’ category (3 star).
Both hotels operate all year round.
The hotel complex is located 2,5 km outside the commercial center of the city, just 30 m from the sea and less than 100 m from Vigla beach, one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. Our buildings are situated along the coastline, where one can see old mansions and villas, popular clubs, pubs, taverns, etc. They are built according to the local architectural tradition in absolute harmony with the unique landscape of the Lesvos Island.
* Reception with closed circuit TV * Lounge with satellite TV * Room service * Laundry, ironing and dry-cleaning service * Air-conditioning in all areas * Wi-Fi Internet access * Parking area * Save energy systems * 2 Reserve generators * 8 Lifts * Transfer services (on request) * Swimming pool with sea water and hydromassage * Children’s pool with sea water * Children’s playground * Babysitting (on request) * American buffet breakfast * Indoor and outdoor restaurants with gourmet dishes and pure products of Lesvos * Pool bar * Indoor and outdoor snack-bars * Cafeteria * Live music, piano bar or DJ (on request) * Business center * Secretarial services (on request) * 5 Conference halls with capacity of 260, 260, 160, 100 and 20 persons with multimedia equipment, wireless Internet and banquet facilities * Rent a car * Organization of tours (on request) * Hairdresser’s services (on request) * Gym area *
MARRIAGE in Heliotrope Boutique Hotel IS UNIQUE AND UNFORGETTABLE!
Engagements, weddings, baptisms, all the happy moments of couples and children, the smile and the joy of family tie with evening serenity of the resort and golden hues that paint the sea with the evening moon!
– Private balcony overlooking the sea and the coast of Asia Minor,
– Central heating,
– 20’’ color TV (with satellite TV and video reception),
– Pay TV,
– Direct dial telephone (with Internet / fax facilities),
– Wireless DECT phones (upon availability),
– Bathroom with bathtub or shower,
– Mini bar,
– Safety box,
– Wi-Fi Internet access,
– Connecting doors in certain rooms,
– Rooms for people with special needs.
– Mytilene Airport: 7 km
– Mytilene Port: 3 km
– Nearest beach: 30 m
– Vigla beach: 100 m
– Bus stop: opposite of the hotel
– Mytilene Castle, hospital and museums: 3 km
We are pleased to welcome you to our hotels. Thanks to the modern facilities and the friendly staff we will make your stay in Lesvos relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable.
- Air Condition
The island of the poetess of ancient times, Sappho, the “workshop” of the folk painter Theophilos, the muse of the Nobel-prize winner, poet Odysseas Elytis, the miraculous monasteries, which are visited by worshippers from all over the world, Lesvos dominates in the Eastern Aegean. The island Lesvos with a history starting in 3000 B.C.,enchants with its architectural dissimilarity!
However, the place where time stops is the Petrified Forest, which is 20 million years old!
It will takes about one week to travel around the island Lesvos, you will have unforgettable moments in your life.
Drink ouzo (Greek vodka) and amaze all the places on this beautiful island!
You should think about your trip on Lesvos… many kilometres of beaches and sea settlements, historical places, monuments are waiting for you to discover them!
Are you ready to do it this summer?
More about Lesvos
The island Lesvos is located in the north-eastern part of Aegean Sea between the islands Limnos, Chios and very close to the coast of Turkey and is the third largest Greek island after Crete and Evia.
The rich history of this island (according to Greek mythology), starting from the first ruler of the island Makara, who gave the name of his groom Lesvo to this island.During Makara reign five towns were built: Mytilene, Issa, Antissa, Mithymna and Arisvi, which took their names from his five daughters.
Mytilene is the capital of Lesvos and the main harbour. It remains one of the oldest cities in Greece since the 10th century BC. It is built on the south-eastern coast of the island, with a view of Asia Minor. The commercial activity and tourist development co-exist in perfect harmony with the finesse of the neo-classical buildings and the unique monuments. Mytilene has developed as a destination for congresses, having at least 6 congress centers. Also, it is suitable for short trips by ship, from the port of Mytilene to the coast of Turkey or to the islands Chios and Lemnos. Also Mytilene being a city with a tradition for gluttony offers a variety of fish titbits at the fishing-ports and taverns.
The Kastro (Castle) in the north side of the city, the Archaeological Museum near the port, the Ecclesiastical Byzantine Museum, the Folklore Art Museum, the Ancient Theatre, The Museum of Modern Art Teriant & The Cultural Museum Theofilos.
The important towns of the island are: Agiasos with its architecture, traditional arts and crafts (pottery – wood carving) and the Proskinima Of Panaghias, the other one is Molyvos or Mithymna – the most attractive tourist resort of the island, Petra with its characteristic stone and rock and the church of Virgin Mary, Mantamados – famous for the Monastery of the Archangel, Plomari with high tourist traffic recorded as the home of ouzo and soap, Thermi – with the Monastery of St Raphael’s, the traditional settlement Polichnitos with thermal baths, Skala Kallonis is a major tourist resort with modern hotels that are famous for the “Kallonisardines”, Aghia Paraskevi is the neoclassical beauty town is known for its ”Festival of the Bull”, Eresos is the birthplace of the poetess Sappho, once a Mecca for International lesbians is also a popular family destination, Sigri with the magic “Petrified Forest”, the magnificent town Gera the toam of poet Odysseas Elytis and the traditional village Sykamnia inspired by the Greek poet Stratis Myrivilis.
Beaches: If you’re a summer person, you’ll find all sorts of activities.
The most developed beaches on the island – Tsamakia Beach in Mytilene, Molyvos, Petra, Anaxos, Sigri, Skala Eresos, Skala Kalloni, Vatera, and Agios Isidoros – await you with exciting water sports. But if you’re an incurable romantic, you can spend endless hours lounging on the beaches or relaxing in tranquil coves and picturesque seaside hamlets. Try Haramida, Agios Ermogenis, Kanoni, Petalidi, Skala Mystegni, Skala Baltziki (Nees Kydonies), Pedi, Tsonia, Kayia, Eftalou, Faneromeni, Nyfida, Melinta, Tarti, or Evreaiki. If you’re the solitary sort, or demanding and restless, you’ll readily find the peace and quiet you long for in the island’s otherworldly landscapes or secluded, virgin beaches just a few kilometres off road. Ftelia, Ligonari, Tsilia, Mersinia, Drota, Agios Fokas, Achladeri, Apothika, Podaras, Chrousos, Tsichlionta, Ancient Antissa, Tsamour Limani, Mikri and Megali Tsichranta, Yeni Limani, Palios, and Agios Stefanos are for you.
Sailors and boaters will find unique conditions on the island. Its many virgin beaches, small leeward harbours, and enchanting secluded spots make Lesvos an unforgettable experience.
And if you’re a jeep-safari or motocross fanatic, Lesvos is sure to lure you with its infinite exciting routes and many kilometres of fantastic dirt roads.
Put on your bathing suit, sunglasses, hat, flip-flops or walking shoes and give yourself over to a marvellous whirlwind of carefree summertime joy. Don’t worry. The only risk is addiction to the island’s enchanting beauty!
Thermal Bath Springs: If you want to live a truly unique experience that will travel you to the eastern times in the history of the island, do not leave without visiting any of the spas.
– Hot Springs Polichnitos: Atmospheric and well kept.
– Loutroupoli Thermis: perfect for treating rheumatism
– The Thermal Springs of Eftalou and Thermal of Bay in Geras.
What else to see in Lesvos
– The “Petried Forest at Sigri”, is a real experience, a presentable monument of nature, over 20 million years old! The forest consists of giant sequoias that were covered with lava, were petrified and then, due to earthquake activity came out to the surface again. At Sigri, there is the Museum of Natural History.
– The wet-land at Kalloni with the rare migrating birds
– The Museum of Lesvos Olive Oil Industry at Aghia Paraskevi
– Plomari: The Museum of Ouzo Barbagianni and the “tarsanades”, at Plomari is one of the best and older shipyards of the Aegean Sea.
– Holy Monastery of Saint Raphael in Thermi, where you can see the relics of St. Raphael, who was martyred with horrible death by Turks,
– Church of the Archangels Mantamado, where the miraculous picture of the Archangel was made from clay and blood.
– Limonos Monastery in Kalloni, is one of the most important monasteries of Greece known for the precious religious exhibitions. Because of its historic significance is characterized as a miniature of Mount Athos.
– Byzantine Monastery of Ipsilou before Sigri was built on top of a mountain with interesting sacristy, library manuscripts and ecclesiastical museum.
– Panaghia of Agiasou is the Church of the Assumption of Mary is known for the miraculous image of Panaghia by Brefokratousas.
– The Church of the Virgin Mary, which is situated in Petra, is built on top of a cliff 40 meters and attracts many pilgrims every mid-August.
– The byzantine church of Agios Therapondas in Mytilene, built in the 18th century. It’s one of the biggest Christian temples on the island.
– The basilica of Agioi Theodori in Mytilene, built with material taken from ancient temples.
Hospitality – Leisure
Lesvos combines the tranquillity and enjoyable recreation. Here you will find well-appointed hotels, each class apartments and villas with luxurious offerings, seaside restaurants, traditional bakeries and nightclubs with modern and traditional music.
Food – Fun
The Island Lesvos is characterized by many “land of abundance” and produce comprehensive proposals of the Mediterranean diet, with many of its products are exported abroad starring with Plomari ouzo. So do not leave the island without tasting local olive oil, cheese (the famous oil cheese and feta of Mytilene, the cheese of Eresos), wine, honey and salted sardines (the Greek sushi).
* The snack of choice with ouzo is Sardeles Pastes. These are the sardines that have been caught that morning, salted on the boat and served that night. To eat them the skin is removed and they are seasoned with oil, lemon or whatever your host prefers to season them with (though some eat them totally unseasoned.) The best sardines come from the large bay of Kalloni where the main sardine fleet is based in Skala. “Οuzo and sardeles pastes” certainly compliment each other and there is no better “meze” when they are in season!
– You can buy souvenirs from the island except the Ouzo they are ceramics, wood carvings and paintings.
How to get to Lesvos:
The shortest way to reach the island of Lesvos is by air. The airport is located only 5km from the centre of Mytilene, that is the capital of the island and has daily flights from Athens, Thessaloniki and direct flights to several destinations abroad. More information
The port of Mytilene is connected with the port of Piraeus, Thessaloniki, Kavala, Limnos & Turkey. In summer there are more routes with direct connections to the other islands of Aegean Sea.
См TV Show: Эрессос В Лесбос острова[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8BIjk-pdPZ4[/embed]