Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
In the central square of Metsovo above the park is the impressive traditional hotel «Galaxy» operating since 1960. The friendly service and warm decor from traditional stone and wood hotel rank high on visitors’ preferences. It has hosted great personalities such as kings and Frederica Paul and many others. All rooms and suites are recently renovated and decorated with traditional mats and long-haired handmade blanket that «wake up» the homely mood. Breakfast starts with your metsovitikes delicacy made from local products.
Hotel works all the year and accommodates 8 rooms (3 with fireplace) and 2 suites.
- Rich breakfast with local products
- Cafe Bar
- External garden with trees and oxeyes
- Traditional decoration
- Restaurant with traditional local cuisine
- Room Service
- Banquet hall
- External Parking
- FREE Wireless Internet
- Central heating
- Satellite TV
- Ability to add bench
Metsovo is a town of Epirus and founded among the mountains of the largest mountain range of Greece, the Pindos 1100-1300 meters in altitude. Located between Ioannina (north) and Meteora (South). It is the capital of the homonymous province with a population of around 6,000 inhabitants and is located on the Egnatia. Metsovo is a pole of attraction during the winter and operated ski resort in the region.
Distances from Metsovo
- Airport : 38Km
- Meteora : 80Km
- Igoumenitsa Port : 80Km
Distance from the hotel
- Central Square : 30m
- Ski Center (Profitis Ilias) : 4km
- Museum : 200m
- Gallery : 50m
Skiing in Metsovo
In the picturesque Metsovo is the ski center in position «Prophet Elias» while in the new construction, with specifications ski resort.
- Air Condition
[:en] Metsovo [:ru]Метсово
Metsovo – An exciting trip to Alpine landscapes!
Visit Metsovo, a small traditional town of exquisite beauty with grand mansions and stone-paved streets. Built in a strategic location amidst the breathtaking setting of the Pindos range, Metsovo is the ideal place to relax, or even enjoy an action-packed holiday!
Pindos ski centres are a hive of outdoor activities, such as downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding!
In the wider area, experience a pure adrenaline rush: hike marked trails, go for kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking, and follow mountain routes riding off-road!
Spend a romantic evening visiting the Averoff Art Gallery, and tasting traditional culinary delights accompanied with fine local wine!
– The church of Aghia Paraskevi (15th century).
– The statue of Evangelos Averof.
– The Evangelos Averof Gallery, which contains paintings and sculptures by famous Greek artists.
– The Michail Tositsa mansion, which houses the Museum of Popular Art.
– The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, with the frescos by painter Efstathios, from the 17th century.
– The “Diaselo” Convention Centre. Metsovo has an exceptionally organized infrastructure for conference organization and periodic exhibitions.
– The Averof distillery.
– The Averof Garden, with the church of Aghios Georgios.
– The Monastery of Panagia (17th century), with the renovated water mill Gina.
– The dam and artificial lake of the Aoos springs.
– The village Anilio just few meters from Metsovo
– The village of Anthohori, 13 km. SW, with its Museum of hydrokinetics.
– The Pindos ski resorts, at “Karakoli”, “Profitis Ilias” and “Zigos”.
Distances and routes to Metsovo
– Athens – Metsovo (via Trikala): Distance: 415 klm
Time: approx. 5 hours
– Thessaloniki – Metsovo (via Veroia – Grevena – Milea): Distance: 250 klm
Time: approx. 2½ hours
– Ioannina – Metsovo: Distance: 55 klm Time: 1 hour
Trikala – Metsovo: Distance 90 klm Time: 1½ hours
By Bus (KTEL)
– Athens – Ioannina with transfer to Metsovo,
KTEL IOANNINON tel. +30 26510-26286
– Athens – Metsovo direct (summer months),
for information call KTEL in Athens, tel.+30 210-5129363
There are flights to Ioannina from Athens and Thessaloniki
Ioannina Airport: tel. +30 26510-26218, 26518