Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
This hotel is built on the slopes of Pindos, Hotel Egnatia is located in the center of Metsovo and is able to offer you a very warm and family hospitality.
Egnatia Hotel includes 29 rooms and 3 suites.
The fully renovated rooms combine traditional local style with modern comforts.
– Central Heating
– In / Co Room
– Shop of the Painting
– Central Heating
– Mountain View
– Safe Box
– Bathroom / Shower
– Mini Bar
– Free Wi-Fi Internet
– On each suite also adorns a regal fireplace, ready to warm up any occasion.
– At the reception there is a very traditional living room that exudes aroma of old mansion with a large fireplace and a restaurant that is always ready to deliver for our guests the most special food ideas, always in the manner required by the local tradition with the purest ingredients.
– Keeping in line with the tradition of Epirus in folk silverwork, created for our guests two shops, using gold and silver blend harmoniously the traditional with the modern and ready to satisfy every discerning taste.
- Air Condition
[:en] Metsovo [:ru]Метсово
Metsovo – An exciting trip to Alpine landscapes!
Visit Metsovo, a small traditional town of exquisite beauty with grand mansions and stone-paved streets. Built in a strategic location amidst the breathtaking setting of the Pindos range, Metsovo is the ideal place to relax, or even enjoy an action-packed holiday!
Pindos ski centres are a hive of outdoor activities, such as downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding!
In the wider area, experience a pure adrenaline rush: hike marked trails, go for kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking, and follow mountain routes riding off-road!
Spend a romantic evening visiting the Averoff Art Gallery, and tasting traditional culinary delights accompanied with fine local wine!
– The church of Aghia Paraskevi (15th century).
– The statue of Evangelos Averof.
– The Evangelos Averof Gallery, which contains paintings and sculptures by famous Greek artists.
– The Michail Tositsa mansion, which houses the Museum of Popular Art.
– The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, with the frescos by painter Efstathios, from the 17th century.
– The “Diaselo” Convention Centre. Metsovo has an exceptionally organized infrastructure for conference organization and periodic exhibitions.
– The Averof distillery.
– The Averof Garden, with the church of Aghios Georgios.
– The Monastery of Panagia (17th century), with the renovated water mill Gina.
– The dam and artificial lake of the Aoos springs.
– The village Anilio just few meters from Metsovo
– The village of Anthohori, 13 km. SW, with its Museum of hydrokinetics.
– The Pindos ski resorts, at “Karakoli”, “Profitis Ilias” and “Zigos”.
Distances and routes to Metsovo
– Athens – Metsovo (via Trikala): Distance: 415 klm
Time: approx. 5 hours
– Thessaloniki – Metsovo (via Veroia – Grevena – Milea): Distance: 250 klm
Time: approx. 2½ hours
– Ioannina – Metsovo: Distance: 55 klm Time: 1 hour
Trikala – Metsovo: Distance 90 klm Time: 1½ hours
By Bus (KTEL)
– Athens – Ioannina with transfer to Metsovo,
KTEL IOANNINON tel. +30 26510-26286
– Athens – Metsovo direct (summer months),
for information call KTEL in Athens, tel.+30 210-5129363
There are flights to Ioannina from Athens and Thessaloniki
Ioannina Airport: tel. +30 26510-26218, 26518