Room facilities:Air Condition, Bar, Gym, Mini bar, Restaurant, Room service, Telephone, TV
Thought the beautiful old streets, in the central square of Metsovo, there is located the traditional hotel Anogi.
This hotel Anogi is a class A΄ traditional inn, with 10 spacious rooms that feature all the comforts for a relaxing and comfortable stay.
The story of this hotel begins in 17th century. Anogi also is known as the mansion of Chrisoula Jima, wife of the ruler and Metsovo Greece’s ambassador in Romania, Stergiou Jima. Anogi was rebuilding in the second half of the 19th century by Evangelos Tositsa Averof, who made the first step in restoration of this town. It was fully renovated in 2000 and was available for those who appreciate the warm, friendly, family environment and Greek traditions, hospitality and culture. You are welcome!
- Air Condition
[:en] Metsovo [:ru]Метсово
Metsovo – An exciting trip to Alpine landscapes!
Visit Metsovo, a small traditional town of exquisite beauty with grand mansions and stone-paved streets. Built in a strategic location amidst the breathtaking setting of the Pindos range, Metsovo is the ideal place to relax, or even enjoy an action-packed holiday!
Pindos ski centres are a hive of outdoor activities, such as downhill (alpine) skiing and snowboarding!
In the wider area, experience a pure adrenaline rush: hike marked trails, go for kayaking, rafting, or mountain biking, and follow mountain routes riding off-road!
Spend a romantic evening visiting the Averoff Art Gallery, and tasting traditional culinary delights accompanied with fine local wine!
– The church of Aghia Paraskevi (15th century).
– The statue of Evangelos Averof.
– The Evangelos Averof Gallery, which contains paintings and sculptures by famous Greek artists.
– The Michail Tositsa mansion, which houses the Museum of Popular Art.
– The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos, with the frescos by painter Efstathios, from the 17th century.
– The “Diaselo” Convention Centre. Metsovo has an exceptionally organized infrastructure for conference organization and periodic exhibitions.
– The Averof distillery.
– The Averof Garden, with the church of Aghios Georgios.
– The Monastery of Panagia (17th century), with the renovated water mill Gina.
– The dam and artificial lake of the Aoos springs.
– The village Anilio just few meters from Metsovo
– The village of Anthohori, 13 km. SW, with its Museum of hydrokinetics.
– The Pindos ski resorts, at “Karakoli”, “Profitis Ilias” and “Zigos”.
Distances and routes to Metsovo
– Athens – Metsovo (via Trikala): Distance: 415 klm
Time: approx. 5 hours
– Thessaloniki – Metsovo (via Veroia – Grevena – Milea): Distance: 250 klm
Time: approx. 2½ hours
– Ioannina – Metsovo: Distance: 55 klm Time: 1 hour
Trikala – Metsovo: Distance 90 klm Time: 1½ hours
By Bus (KTEL)
– Athens – Ioannina with transfer to Metsovo,
KTEL IOANNINON tel. +30 26510-26286
– Athens – Metsovo direct (summer months),
for information call KTEL in Athens, tel.+30 210-5129363
There are flights to Ioannina from Athens and Thessaloniki
Ioannina Airport: tel. +30 26510-26218, 26518